So, what are five of your favorite non-Trek movies? And what do you like about them?
This is one of those questions that should be simple but isn’t. Mostly because I love movies more than I probably should.
1. Princess Bride - I’ve been in love with this movie for as long as I can remember. From the love story to the characters to the humour, I love everything about it.
2. Young Frankenstein - I love Mel Brooks movies. His humour cracks me up and this movie can make me laugh no matter how bad a day I’m having. Plus, Gene Wilder, who I love so very much.
3. Roman Holiday - I’ve been in love with Gregory Peck forever and I absolutely adore Audrey Hepburn. I think that what really made me love this movie (apart from my love of old movies) is that when they could have gone for a really standard Hollywood ending, they didn’t.
4. Edward Scissorhands - This was the first Tim Burton movie I ever saw and I fell in love with him then (him and Johnny Depp). It’s just classic Tim. I love his aesthetic.
5. The Fall - This movie is so absolutely visually striking. It’s shockingly gorgeous. The story is beautiful and heartbreaking. The idea of seeing story through a little girl’s imagination and the fantastical tale Lee Pace’s character weaves for her, it’s brilliant.